Praise God from whom all blessings flow!
As I sit here listening to the sound of rain drops falling, the thunder echoing off the mountains and feel the gentle breeze blowing though my window, I can’t help but sing a doxology of praise to Jehovah Jireh, the Lord Who provides! God does answer the feeble prayers of His people! Hallelujah! Amen!
2 Comments »
David has served in many areas which include serving as an officer in the USMC, law enforcement, information technology, sales and more importantly ministry. He has been a Minister of Single Adults, Minister of Education and Senior Pastor in Lubbock, TX and recently Tucumari, NM. David received a Bachelor of Arts in Law Enforcement Administration, a Master of Arts in Political Science, and has one semester left to complete a Master of Divinity degree. Paula was formerly an executive secretary with Occidental Petroleum, Oklahoma University College of Continuing Education, and Texas Tech University Law School.
Sangre de Cristo Journal is a collection of postings about seminary life in the Sangre de Cristo mountains and is not endorsed by the Seminary, although I think they like it. Hopefully it will give prospective students a better feel for what a non-traditional seminary atmosphere is like and provide some meaningful information that the Seminary website does not provide.
Want to subscribe to this blog and receive updates when new postings are made? Just click on one of the comments and make sure to select “Notify me of new posts via email.”
Quote of the Week
“A true knowledge of the covenants is indispensable to a correct presentation of the gospel, for he who is ignorant of the fundamental difference which obtains between the covenant of works and the covenant of grace is utterly incompetent for evangelism. But by whom among us are the different covenants clearly understood? Refer unto them to the average preacher, and you at once perceive you are speaking to him in an unknown tongue. Few today discern what the covenants are in themselves, their relations to each other, and their consequent bearings upon the design of God in the Redeemer. Since the covenants pertain unto the very “rudiments of the doctrine of Christ,” ignorance of them must cause obscurity to rest upon the whole gospel system.” A.W. Pink, The Divine Covenants
- Saying Goodbye
- Fallen Man and “the News”
- Praise God from whom all blessings flow!
- Praying for Rain!
- Thoughts about what lies ahead
- Called to St. Paul’s
- Snow on May 7th
- Men 2 the Mountain
- Warm Reception at St. Paul’s
- Monumental–A Great Movie
- Monumental: The Movie
- Snow! Beautiful Snow!
- Don’t Prejudge
- Born Again or Born From Above?
- A Southern Baptist Reconsiders Paedobaptism
- American Travesty
- The Regulative Principle and Contemporary Worship
- Congratulations to Matthew!
- My Morning Bible Study Companion
- The Shepherd’s Duty: Feeding the Sheep
- Why God’s People Should Be in Church
- Morning Musings
- Windstorm hits Sangre de Cristo Seminary
- Unwanted Advertisements
- A Healthy Buck
- Bear in the Woods (addendum)
- Bear in the woods
- Our Hummingbirds
- Christians in Debate
- Christ, My Redeemer, My Life
- Seminary Upgrade
- Church Discipline and Peacemakers Ministries
- The Call for people with skills
- Well Project in Tanzania
- The U.S. Government Burning Bibles
- An interview with Dr. Martin Lloyd Jones about expository preaching
- Position of Prayer
- Inspiring Testimony and Update of Michael Gereaux
- RC Sproul Interviews DA Carson on Bible Exegesis
- Sangre de Cristo Seminary facilities – By popular request
- The Unfathomable Value of the Word of God
- A Review of the Archaeological Study Bible
- A Little Child Shall Lead Us
- A Miracle Before Us
- Fellowship meals are the best at Sangre de Cristo
- We Need Josiahs
- Our new steps
Site infoSangre de Cristo Journal
The Andreas04 Theme.